Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A beautiful day. 

I wanted to sponsor a child last year but somehow I just didn't get to do it. The urge didn't cease and I used to visit the world vision site when I felt boring. 


People can choose to sponsor a child based on the child's sex, age, country of origin, or even the date of birth. Or if you don't feel like choosing you can just click the "choose for me" link, and they will randomly choose a child for you.

I don't usually tell people about this, cause I think I will be 车ing 大炮 if I didn't do it in the end. However I told someone about my thought yesterday in the midst of chatting and he replied me with 'that's really kind of you'. The feeling of guilt emerged. If I am that kind I would have done it long ago. 


Plus, some people don't do it out of pure sincerity and I wondered if I am one of them. Since I really don't know the reason that keeps me hesitating all this while.


When I woke up today after having a bad dream, I visited the site again. Like usual, I clicked on the "choose for me" link and the picture of a cute little boy named Ulices Abel popped out. It certainly made my day.


He is 3 years old, from Honduras, born on 13 October 2012. 


And I immediately proceeded to the next step, which was the transaction part.

Obviously I did it cause he has the same date of birth as me haha. I really think it was destined since he popped out for the first time I clicked on the link. It was God's work.

Only after that I googled for the country which I have never heard of before. That is a really really far place near Brazil, with beautiful sea and all. It is more like a tourist attraction if you search for the images. For a second, I thought why would people from this place need to be sponsored, it looks like it is a land of prosperity. However, it is actually the second poorest country in Central America. 


There are a lot of countries that I don't know from the World Vision page, I didn't google them one by one. But one thing is for sure, there are countless less fortunate people out there drinking contaminated water while I am here savouring my coffee. 


My friend said it is a win win situation since I have to eat less 好吃到要哭的牛肉卷 (I will never give up on coffee!) to save up the money which I have to donate every month. Less food = less fat = price increase. 


Spending less part was correct but I think the value of a girl is completely independent of her weight. It is proportional to how great her personality is. (yeah it is easy to say this but I am still very concerned about my weight lol)


This is not a big deal at all cause what I did was so small. But I have always think that when you don't even start to do the so called small thing you will never reach the stage where you get to do the big things. 


There are too many things that I want to do and I will definitely work my ass off to achieve what I really want. 





And one of the thing I want to do is to see him in person one day :)







No comments:

Post a Comment