Saturday, March 25, 2017

Just thought I should write something down instead of slacking.

So I have completed my one month placement yesterday. I am really really lucky to never have to go through any bad placement experience (at least up until now). Most people I met were lovely and down to earth. Maybe it is because I am just a student and I did not get to know all the politics and stuffs. Who cares anyway, I am merely a student and they actually spent time on me. I am thankful enough. 

I did my research focused placement at Aveo Durack Retirement Village. Yes it is a place for old folks, more than 700 of them. They are healthy and most of them, very chatty. No one is really sick there, so there is no need for a regular pharmacist. With that being said, it was not a place for intense learning session. I have to admit that I was disappointed because I did not get to improve my clinical knowledge, I am still grateful for this opportunity. 

The biggest reason is that I met a lot of lovely people.

Firstly it has to be Amy. She offered to drive me to and fro throughout placement and did not accept when I offered to pay for the fuel. I saved at least 2 hours of travelling per day. I do not really know how to describe, but she is the most sincere person I have met recently. I will remember her a long time. She is that kind of person whom I did not think 'oh she is just saying that as courtesy' when she told Pei Sin and I to catch up sometime. 

Yes. I am terrible in describing my feelings. Much better at concealing them.
John from England who is staying at M35 told me once, frowning: You are not shy... (frowned more).. you are just... (frowned again).. 

'I think I am just quiet.'

I am too quiet. Do I feel the need to change it? 
Certainly yes. 
I mean, I am not quiet in front of people I am comfortable with.
But being quiet in front of new people actually stop them from knowing me further. 

Anyway. I do not think I will be able see changes in recent years. 
Been like this for nearly 23 years.
An introvert with no words create less conflicts no? 

Oh yes, John was once a bodyguard for Queen Elizabeth II. How amazing is that.
They might be old, they might need the wheelie walkers, but the their life experiences are just, poof, unbelievable. And 93 years old John with a wheelie walker could still jiggle around the last time I saw him at the Green Lounge. 


I agreed so much when the preceptor said that it is actually not fair for the retired person to be only able to tick retired when filling any kind of form. Why not have some spaces for them to fill up what their jobs were before retiring? 

Ms Frances was my preceptor. She is a lively and considerate person. She jumps up and down like a young girl and always speaks good words. She is just full of positivity. The best preceptor I could have. I hope that she will continue to achieve great things in life. She told us that we are very special girls among so many students she has met. Doesn't matter if that's from the bottom of her heart or not, I gonna take them as real words. 

Next, Aunty Maria. Went to her house twice and always left with a lot of foods. She even bought us nyonya kaya when she saw it in the grocery store. The only person besides my parents who actually bought me stuff when she saw it. She likes hibiscus, maybe I should bring her a pot of hibiscus during the next visit. 

I am getting lazy to continue writing. 
I hope these memories will stay despite me being a very forgetful person. 



No comments:

Post a Comment